10 tips on how to look after your eyes
Nowadays, we over-exploit our eyes, work for a long time and spend our free time in front of TVs, computers or reading in poor lighting. In order to take good care of your eyes, you have to remember about basic 10 principles. Do you know them?
Take care of your eyes
Nowadays, we over-exploit our eyes, work for a long time and spend our free time in front of TVs, computers or reading in poor lighting. To take good care of your eyes, you need to remember about the basic principles:
1. Take a break while working at the computer: just take a 5 minute break every half an hour. It is best to unravel your eyes and look away, through the window. Remember, intensive and long-term work requires frequent breaks.
2. Remember to set the monitor correctly: The eye distance should not be less than 50 cm. The centre of the screen should be positioned a few centimetres below the line of sight. Let’s not position the vis a vis window monitor, as the reflective light will complicate looking into the screen. Equally, it must be remembered that artificial light (lights, lamps) does not reflect from the monitor.
3. Work in open air: the room should be frequently ventilated
4. Take care of the skin under the eyes: use creams specially designed for the skin under the eyes, should contain sunlight extract, aloe vera, vitamin C and retinol and hyaluronic acid (with anti-wrinkle effect).
5. Irrigate the body: bruises, overflowing eyes may indicate that the body is dehydrated. To prevent this, drink at least 2 litres of still mineral water every day.
6. Visit an ophthalmologist: if you wear contact lenses, remember to visit the ophthalmologist regularly at least every six months.
7. If you feel burning, itching, you have permanent swelling, you can see twice – contact a specialist because these are worrying symptoms.
8. Use a healthy diet: it should be rich in vitamins A, C and E. Take plenty of fruit and vegetables, sunflower seeds and pumpkins, nuts, use little salt.
9. Wear sunglasses: protect your eyes from UVA and UVB rays in summer, buy only original certified sunglasses.
10. Always wash your make-up off before bedtime: smudging colourful cosmetics like shadows and inks are the ideal nutrient for bacteria.
Eye care should be taken, as any ignored symptom can lead to visual loss. So let us protect and take care of it according to the well-known saying:’ Prevention is better than cure’.
Yoga for your eyes: